Friday, September 17, 2010

Why is it???

Ok women, answer me this, why is it that if we spend HOURS getting ready in the morning and "try" to look like this...



To no avail do we even get one compliment???
After all, that was the whole purpose in spending that much time layering on the make up and putting on the super chic outfits to impress everyone on our "Look how hot I am" attire








BUT

those days we are running late, just dont really give a care, or super lazy moods, we put on the first thing that we can grasp from our closet, MAYBE brush our hair or put on the slightest bit- if any at all makeup.. and look something like this..


people give us the most compliments???

This was something I was pondering after a brief run in with a girl I work with in the break room.
I think she is so adorable, has super cute hair and way cute clothes. There are a few women in my building that are very well dressed and presentable women :) I am not sure why- but I feel like most women dress to impress other girls..kind of like saying "Look at me, you wish you looked like this dont you?!"
crazy right?!..but I really feel there is truth to that statement.

Anyway, this morning I actually woke up an hour early and as I layed in my bed, I contemplated getting up and taking some time to look extra cute today and maybe even get a little extra time in at work- THEN my sleepiness set in and over weighed any thought of putting effort into the way I look today-after all- its Friday..I dont have school after this, I get to just go home after work. So I took a little more time to snooze away...unfortunately for me, instead of waking up on time to my alarm...I slept through it! Sooooo
now-there really was no time to get dressed. I woke up, brushed my teeth splashed some water on the mess of a hair do I had since its growing out- its a little uncontrollable when I wake up, anyway I threw on an outfit that sounded cute in my head...


once I threw it on I realized it wasnt going to work..so I changed my undershirt a couple of times in a last ditch effort to look presentable..and was out of time so I realized no matter what- it would have to do.

I just went to the break room to get my daily dose of caffeine and a very unhealthy bag of cookies for breakfast and as I walked in I noticed the girl I mentioned above..I put my head down and pulled the jacket around me a little tighter that I just happened to leave at work the day before and I wanted to hide.. I didnt feel cute and I didnt want her to see what I was wearing. Lol (really...why does it even matter????)
anyway, she stopped me and looked at my outfit and had a huge smile on her face telling me that I always look so adorable when I come to work. I shyly thanked her and walked away.

I know some people say those things to make you feel better when they realize you really do look like crap. But oh well, I am going to take it as she was being genuine.

So, my message to all of you today is this.
In all reality, clothes, make up and shoes really dont make a person, we are all very special and unique in our own ways :) there is not one person in this entire world that is exactly like you, so even if you dont feel special or unique remember- you are the only YOU in this world!

 and that makes you incredibly amazing!!!
A persons beauty should be reflected by their heart and words rather than their appearance. :D

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post! You are an amazing woman. And it's so true, sometimes I found myself wondering, too, if most women spend way too much time on themselves to impress... other women. It's a mind boggling thought!

    ReplyDelete